While hardwood and eco-friendly flooring options remain extremely popular with most Northwest San Antonio homeowners, you should be aware of another material that’s just as beautiful and offers even more durability: ceramic tile.
Most common as a covering for floors, walls, or countertops, ceramic tile is a versatile option for any room in your house. The experts at Floor Coverings International of Northwest San Antonio are here to provide you with a quick and easy rundown of everything you need to know about this lovely material.
What Are Ceramic Tiles?
No matter the size, shape, or color, all ceramic tiles begin as thin pieces of clay. The clay is fired and hardened in a kiln, and the result is a surface that’s tough, easy to clean, and naturally beautiful.
Major Benefits of Ceramic Tiles
- Durable – Ceramic tiles are great for high traffic environments, and unlike other flooring materials, they perform well in a wide variety of climates. Use ceramic tiles in your bathroom, kitchen, or anywhere else with the confidence that they’ll be up to the challenge.
- Low-Maintenance – Ceramic tiles are extremely easy to clean. Most of the time all you need is a damp towel or sponge. Ceramics are resistant to water, stains, and humidity, making them ideal for rooms with water exposure, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Temperature – Tile will stay cool during warmer months in San Antonio, making your space more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Endless Style Options – Ceramic tiles come in an endless variety of sizes, shapes, and textures. You can also customize your tiles with glazes of different colors and glosses, or experiment with intricate patterning in order to personalize your room.
Like any flooring, ceramic tiles perform better in some environments than in others. Here are a few factors to keep in mind before you invest in ceramic tiles:
- Hard Underfoot – Some people find ceramic hard and uncomfortable underfoot, especially if they’re standing on it for long periods of time. This is more of an issue for commercial spaces than it is for homes.
- Chipping/Cracking – While it’s rare to crack a tile, it does occasionally happen. Luckily, tiles can always be replaced! And in general, chips and cracks only happen during DIY installations since ceramic tiles are difficult to work with. That’s why we recommend letting the professionals handle your next installation!
Ceramic & Tile In Your Home
Floor Coverings International of Northwest San Antonio has partnerships with the leading manufacturers in the greater San Antonio, Stone Oak, Alamo Heights area, so we can offer products from the best brands at affordable prices. With a huge selection of colors, shapes, and styles, you’ll be able to find the ceramic tiles that fit your specific requirements and personal style. Schedule your free, no-obligation estimate to get started today!
You might also like:
- Porcelain Tile in San Antonio
- Granite Tile Flooring in NW San Antonio
- Kitchen Tile Flooring in Stone Oak