Looking for a comfortable carpet than can handle everyday wear and tear? Whether you choose a low-pile Berber or a fluffy frieze, it’s hard to go wrong with a wool carpet.
There’s a reason that wool has been used in textiles for so long – it’s durable, natural, and still pleasant to the touch. Our Floor Coverings International of Northwest San Antonio experts recommend wool carpeting to many San Antonio homeowners because it so versatile and reliable. For more reasons to choose wool, read on.
Advantages of Wool Carpet
- Wool is a natural, hypoallergenic material that deters bacteria and dust mites. This makes it a great choice for homes with kids, pets, and those with asthma.
- Wool is naturally flame-resistant, and can even help extinguish fire due to its upper pile forming. In addition, wool will not melt in extreme heat like some synthetic textiles.
- With proper maintenance, wool carpets can last a very long time. Wool is very strong and durable and can stand up to years of heavy foot traffic.
- Wool is environmentally friendly. Since it is shorn from sheep, it is a renewable resource that can be regrown over and over again. It is also biodegradable and recyclable, so when your wool carpet gets to the end of its life, it doesn’t have to end up in a landfill. Plus, wool production has a relatively low carbon footprint, making wool one of the most eco-friendly flooring materials available.
- Wool is a great insulator. It will help keep energy costs down by trapping heat and keeping your home warm and cozy.
- Wool is soft underfoot and hides dirt and dust well. With care, it will continue to be comfortable and look good for many years to come.
Ready to see our selection of wool rugs and carpets? Call Floor Coverings International of Northwest San Antonio today! We provide free in-home consultations to San Antonio homeowners.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Kues